Monday, March 8, 2010

Weekend Recap

This was one of the most fun weekends I have had in awhile. Friday night Josh and I went to a local independently owned steak house for dinner. The Thompson’s joined us. We had a great dinner and set and talked for a long time. Great catch up time. Josh and I then went home and watched an inspirational and uplifting movie; Fireproof. Have any of ya’ll seen this movie?

Saturday I attended one of my 3rd grade students birthday party at the bowling alley. I wish I would have taken pictures. I am loved it! And the students were so SHOCKED to see me there…I wouldn’t have missed it for the world. My Mom met me at, At Home Market to look at the new spring arrivals of Yellow Box. No such luck for me…It’s really hard to find a 10 in any type of shoe. It’s pretty irritating. I then went home and baked sugar cookies for Josh to take on his business trip. Josh worked in the yard Saturday afternoon! I am so anxious for spring and flowers!!!! Saturday night we attended our local communities meeting supporting our local fire department. My Mom made two scrumptious hams and we also had fried fish. I made a cherry cheese cake...One of Josh’s favorites. It was a great event!

Sunday Josh left to work out of town this week…it just had to be the week of my SPRING BREAK! Ahh! I attended church, went through Taco Bell for lunch, and then came home to clean and catch up on laundry. I got all of that done and then came to my parents and got their laundry and ironing caught up. My parents own a fertilizer business and this is one of their busiest times of the year. I try to help them out as much as possible during the spring. We grilled steaks and chicken for dinner and Heather came over. It was a fun night. Kate and Heather then came home with me and we had a girls night/sleepover! We watched the Oscars! WOO HOO Sandra Bullock! I am so happy for her! The Blind Side is by far my favorite movie!! We were all zonked out by 11:30, but HEY that’s late for me!

I am really enjoying Spring Break! I miss the kiddos at school, but am truly enjoying my time off! Hope everyone had a SUPER weekend!!

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Whoa- what an early spring break! I'm jealous! When do you get out for the summer?

Anonymous said...

I was so happy Sandra Bullock won too! I love the Oscars!