Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Our Love Story

Here we go...my first blog post! This is the love story of Ashley and Josh:

I have known my husband most of my entire life. The most ironic story, here we go. My father as well as Josh’s father played on the same summer softball league in Bakersfield, MO, a small “hick” town not too far from where we were both born and raised. Josh as well as I was young kiddos. Josh was around the age six or seven and I was around the age one. Our parents would tag us along to these hot, miserable, and dusty Sunday afternoon softball games and tournaments. I am sure that’s were our love for softball and baseball grew. Little did we know that playing in the hot summer sun and dust we would grow a love for one another and one day become husband and wife.

Josh is actively involved in the sport of team roping. So is my brother, Luke, I had tried and tried for years for my brother to fix me up with the one and only, Josh Hamby. No Luck, until May 2007. Josh finally gained enough nerve to call. We talked for a few weeks. We talked for hours and hours on end. Little did I know that this romance was blooming! On June 21st 2007 we went on our first date. We went to Mountain Home, AR and ate at El Chico’s Mexican Cuisine. We had a great dinner, we talked and laughed and truly enjoyed one another’s company. After dinner we went back to his home and watched: Talladega Nights. It was a great evening.
We had a great summer. Together we attended rodeos, ball games, and family outings together. He got to meet my wild family and I got meet his! From the first date on, I knew deep down that this was the man for me!

This was our very first picture together


On August 1, 2009 we became engaged. It was a perfect day! We booked St. Louis Cardinal Baseball tickets months in advance. Josh came to pick me up from my parent’s house to travel to St. Louis to the game and took me to the front yard, beneath the arch in which we got married under, got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. Of course I said YES!!!!! I was so surprised, excited, and blessed to get to spend the rest of my life with such a great man. I couldn’t get on the phone fast enough to call family and friends and tell them the news. We travelled to Saint Louis that afternoon and watched a great baseball game that evening. We gorged ourselves with ball park nachos, hot dogs, and cold beer! It was a great evening. We spent the night in St. Louis and shopped and ate a great meal at the Cheesecake Factory that next day. We travelled home to share the excitement with our families that evening. They were all so proud!


Our Engagement Day Picture in St. Louis


I married my best friend, Josh on May 30, 2009 at the home of my parents. It was a beautiful and perfect day. I had planned for a total of nine months and poured everything I had into making this day PERFECT, and it was. I had always wanted to get married in my parent’s front yard. It had been my dream since I was a small girl, I would play bride and walk down the same aisle/side walk in which I walked down May 30th. My dream came true! My family hosted a great event. We rented a huge white tent and that is where the reception was held. We had great food, great weather, and great family and friends to share this wonderful day with! We are so blessed!

Our Wedding Day

We left the following Monday after our nuptials and went to Negril, Jamaica. Watch for the an upcoming post about our trip to paradise!

No comments: