Sunday, December 20, 2009

Let the Celebrations Begin!

Christmas Party 2009

This weekend kicked off the Christmas season for me. I celebrated Christmas with some close friends from High School. We do not get together very often, although we spent a lot of time celebrating our marriages this summer. We always have a great time catching up.

Sarah Beth hosted this year’s Christmas party at her new home in West Plains. Her and her husband purchased their home back in the spring. It was a beautiful home. Sarah did a great job hosting. The party began at 7:30. When we arrived she poured us a delicious cup of homemade hot coco. (Talk about amazing). She made her hot coco in the crock pot. The recipe included; whole milk, whipping cream, coco, and Hersey chocolate pieces, it was amazing. Sarah Beth also made chili and the fixings. It was great too. I took a cherry cheese cake. It was pretty good too, if I do have to say so!

The wonderful hostess, Sarah Beth and I

Each year we do a fifteen dollar gift exchange, we exchange gifts by reading; The Night Before Christmas. This is a tradition we started years ago. I took a scarf and a Pottery Barn peace sign ornament. I received Natalie’s gift, a wall rubbing that read: Bless this Nest. I spent the afternoon trying to decide the perfect place to rub this onto…. decisions, decisions. I look forward to spending many more holidays with these special girls!!





2 comments:

Mallory said...

Cute!! Where you going to hang it? Do you have any space between your cabinets above the sink between the ceiling? that would be a good spot!

Ashley Hamby said...

I have looked and looked for a BIG open space and have not found one yet. But thats a good idea!