Monday, May 24, 2010

Busy Busy Weekend!

We had one busy weekend. Friday I took off early from school to attend Heather's State Championship softball game in Fayeteville, Arkansas. Josh and I had a fun 3 1/2 hour drive. We laughed, sang, and stopped for Coke's at Sonic. (Yes, I am back on caffeine) We got into Fayeteville and met up with my parents and Josh's dad to watch the game. It was an exciting place to be thats for sure. Viola played Amorial. It was a good game, but the Viola girls didnt have what it took to win. They lost 9-4. They have nothing to be ashamed of though, they got 2nd in the state. Not too shabby! Heather was pretty discouraged! After the game we went on to Rogers and ate at Cracker Barrell. It was scrumptious! We then went onto Springfield and spent the night.

Saturday morning we woke up and ate Panera for breakfast, went to the mall and I got some new stuff :), and then went onto Marshfield for Kate's Sectional Track Meet. It was a HOT day! Kate and her relay team did great! We got first in Sectionals and have a pretty good chance of winning STATE!! She was very happy with her run! Saturday after the race we ate Olive Garden for lunch and then headed home. We ate so good this weekend, I am pretty sure I gained 10 lbs! Saturday night we went to a Relay for Life auction in Viola. We bought a Blue Pig gift certificate, two Home Depot gift certificates, Sonic gift certificate, a bail spike, and a delicious apple cake! It was a Paula Deen recipe! I am going to make one of my own this summer! I will share the recipe.

Sunday I attended church and Josh had a TON of farm work to do so he stayed home. After church I did laundry and ironing and then got around for a friends bridal shower and Kate's boyfriends graduation party. Josh met me in town and we went out to the Inman's for the celebration. We had snacks and the kids swam. After the party Josh and I came home and mowed and cleaned our yard up. I made BLT's for dinner. We were so darn tired I went to bed at 8:30!

It was a great weekend and I am looking forward to one busy week; the last week of school! Hope ya'll had a terrific weekend too!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

I'm so jealous it's your last week of school! Enjoy your early start to summer! :)