Friday, January 29, 2010

My Home Away from HOME


I have finally got around and taken some photos of my classroom. I am so anxious to share these with y'all...This is definitely my HOME away from HOME, and I am loving each and every second of it!


The kids, faculty and administration have been so welcoming. You would assume that working with pre-teens and teenagers would often times be challenging and don't get me wrong, it does have its ups and downs, but overall I have enjoyed the KIDS more than words can say. We are helping one another out. I am NEW and they are also NEW to my classroom. I have really enjoyed establishing classroom expectations and routines.


Going through those "pointless" college courses, does NOT, I repeat, does NOT, prepare you for what's ahead. It's all in "trial and error." Overall, I feel that I am doing real well managing my classroom and building positive relationships with my students.


This past week I have really began working with my students and preparing them for the upcoming Spring MAP assessment. Our district purchased a wonderful text to help prepare our students for the MAP. They purchased the BUKLE DOWN series. The questions in BD are set up just as the MAP questions are set up. Over the next few weeks I will continue to work with my students on BD.


I am so thankful to be a part of such a GREAT school system and I look forward to the remainder of the school year.


Here are my room photos... I will continue to update these! I will be decorating for Valentines Day next week!!


This is my WINTER bulletin board...The mittens have each of my 68 students names on them!

This is the READ picture Josh got me for Christmas...and the filing cabinet from my Grandparents!

My sweet Mama made this paisley curtain for my room, too!!

My "area"!!!

Mrs. Hamby, that's ME!

This where I put the NEWS that's occurring in our school as well as our classroom, I am also sporting some nice artwork that one of my 7th grade students made me...see they ARE still sweet at 12 and 13!!

Snowflakes dangling from the ceiling!

4 comments:

Mallory said...

Looks great!!! Love your READ picture and big apple!

Ashley Hamby said...

Thanks! I have had the RED APPLE for quite some time!! :)

Ashley said...

Your room is adorable! I've always wondered what it would be like to move up to middle school (I'm certified prek-6) and it's encouraging to hear that you like it so much! :)

Ashley Hamby said...

Thanks Ashley! It's been a great experience. I was a little nervous at first, but I feel pretty compfortable now four weeks into it!! They can be little smarty pants but they are great too!