Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Recap

WOW…This weekend just flew by! We had a lot going on and little time to relax and catch our breath this weekend. This was my Mama’s birthday weekend. We kicked the weekend off on Friday night with a barbeque at our house. Josh grilled some scrumptious steaks, chicken grillers! I made squash, zucchini salad, rolls, green beans, and corn. I made Mom her favorite things! I also special ordered a “Sharon Fox Cake” probably the BEST cake in our area! My Mom was surprised and loved every bite! We then opened gifts. Josh and I got my Mom some wallpaper that she has been wanting for her laundry room bathroom and some other odds and ends!

The delicious cake!

Mom opening her gifts! :)

Wallpaper for her laundry room bathroom!

Kate and her friend; Josh!


Friday night was also Heathers Prom! It has been a rough week for Heather and Luke. They are currently taking a break. I am really sad! Whatever works for them though, is great with me. We LOVE that girl and want her to be a part of us so bad. Luke decided not to go to Prom with her, but she came by for pictures with us anyways! She looked stunning! So proud of the girl she is becoming!

Heather and I

Mom and Dad with Heather before her PROM!

Saturday I cleaned house in the morning and then got around for my cousin; Melinda’s bridal shower. Her big day is May 15th and it is quickly approaching! She got some great gifts for her and Charlie’s nest! Mom, Dad, Josh, and I went in and got her Paula Deen cookware that she registered for! It was nice!

Melinda and her cookware from the Tyree/Hamby family

Our traditional photo!

The Bride-to-Be and I!

Saturday night, Josh and I had big plans to go on a “date” before he left for two week of work! We got busy working in the yard and then we started in on cleaning his farm truck. Holy cow…4 ½ hours later…three trash bags of trash later…It is SPOTLESS! Horray! It looks great! I am driving that truck this week while my car is still at the mechanic getting the A/C worked on! Josh and I ended up just grabbing some dinner in town and then heading home to get him packed up on his two week work journey! I am sure going to miss him while he is gone!

Sunday we celebrated my Mama’s 50th Birthday by going to Branson and Springfield to shop! She had a great time! We went to the outlet malls and found some great spring apparel! We made it back in time to celebrate with both sets of my Grandparents, Uncle, and the Smith Family! We had a great time! Happy 50th Mom!!

No comments: