Friday, June 24, 2011

Introducing my niece; ELLIE

I have been so excited to introduce ya'll to my new pride and joy...my niece Ellie JoLynn Tyree. She is such a bundle of joy to each of us. It is so hard to believe that my brother has a baby! I remember when he was just a young tike himself, but now he has his own spitting image. Yes, their baby photos are so similar its hard to tell them apart! My sister and I have also been told she looks a lot like us too! :)



Birth Story:

Ellie was due on January 2, 2011. I was so hopeful that she might come during my Christmas break and I would get to love and hug on her before I went back to school after the new year. No such luck. Heather was set for an induction for January 5th with the plan of a scheduled c-section. Luke, Heather, my mom and Robin arrived at the hospital early morning on the 5th to begin the induction/c-section. I took the 5th off of school so I could be there when Ellie was born (I wouldn't have missed it for anything). Dr. Barrow began Heather on medication to induce her labor, Dr.B said that he would watch her closely and if she wasn't dilated to a specific cm. by noon he would consider a c-section. Dr.B was one busy doctor on the 5th. He delivered four babies before noon. He would check Heather's process periodically. Around 10 a.m. he gave her an epidural. Heather did a great job. She dilated approximately 6 cm. in less than an hour! We couldn't believe the progress. Heather pushed for less than 20 minutes and our sweet baby girl was here! Ellie JoLynn was born at 12:05 p.m.weighing in at 7 lbs. 2 oz. and 20 inches long. We could hear her crying from the hallway and couldn't wait to get our hands on her. We finally got the okay to go in. She was perfect. It was amazing to watch my brother hold her and to witness my parents seeing her for the first time. Tears me up still to this day! We passed her around and loved on her before it was time for her bath. We stayed most of the day and then went home later that evening. It was so hard to leave. Here are some photos from Ellie's BIRTHday!






She does have a SET of lungs! ha!


Luke, Heather and Ellie


Daddy and his girl!


MiMi and Papa with Ellie



Papa, Uncle Josh and Daddy with Ellie


My pride and joy!


Aunt Kate and Ellie

No comments: